Somebody Pinch Me...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The last time I got teary eyed while opening my mailbox, it was due to the fact I was anticipating an astronomical credit card bill brought on by my shoe addiction. I have since been in recovery and it's going well. But last week, I got teary eyed once again when I saw this waiting for me....

It's from Buckeye Color Lab and it is the first thing I have received that is addressed to Lyra May Photography. Somebody pinch me..this is really happening.
Earlier this month I created an account for Buckeye Color and within an hour, I got a phone call from them welcoming me and letting me know that a packet was being sent in the mail. This was my welcome packet.

It included my account number, paper samples and a handwritten note from a gal named Kelly. I was excited but overwhelmed. I immediately decided to call the number on the note and I was happily surprised when Kelly answered the phone...not an automated system...not a secretary...but KELLY herself..the gal whose handwritten note sat on my desk. I immediately felt a connection to Kelly. I wanted to say.."Hey Kels..it's your BFF Lyra May Photography...you just wrote me a note remember?" I refrained from my 7th grade girly antics and tried to keep it as professional as possible.
Kelly walked me through the entire process of how to upload my pictures, how to order, what her favorite items were...it was so wonderful. We live in a world of drive thrus, youtube and one line tweets. Everything is fast paced. And in this moment where I was partially celebrating the birth of Lyra May Photography and acknowledging the fear of taking the next step of my business...Buckeye Color gave me the greatest gift..their time!

My next step was easy...I ordered free 8x10's to test the color and calibration of my monitor. Two days later the test prints arrived in the mail and the packaging for these free prints were just exquisite. I mean, they were in a black folio with silver ribbon. It was like a present for Lyra May Photography.


I am now in the process of placing my first professional quality prints from Buckeye Color. I'm looking through my portfolio (iphoto albums) and finding the perfect images for my studio (basement playroom).
Somebody pinch me..this is really happening..I have an envelope to prove it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment